1 Zone / 16 Tray / 2.56m² Tray Areaview
- 1 lb. chili pepper pods
- Choose fresh chili peppers pods, wash them gently and pat dry.
- Remove the pepper stems and slice the pods accordingly. If the pods are thick, slice them into rings; otherwise, just cut hem in half. Remember to wear hand gloves while doing this.
- When transferring the sliced peppers on the dehydrator trays, remember to spread them out as evenly as possible to encourage uniform heat distribution.
- Turn on the dehydrator and set the temperature to 135°F (57°C). Dehydrate for about 5 hours until dry.
- Blend the dehydrated peppers to your desired consistency. Let the powder sit in the blender for about10 minutes before opening to avoid inhaling the hot spice.
- Store the pepper powder in tightly sealed containers.