1 Zone / 16 Tray / 2.56m² Tray Areaview
- 5 pounds (2.3 kg) apples, washed, peeled and cored
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart (950 mL) water
- Use a knife or mandolin slicer to cut apples into thin and even slices about 1/4 inch (6 mm).
- Soak the slices in the lemon juice and water mixture about 5 minutes for to prevent browning.
- Remove liquid from apple slices, and then arrange apple rings on dehydrator trays without touching each other to create air circulation. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Set in a dehydrator and dry at 135°F (57°C) for 6 - 8 hours or until it becomes leathery or completely dry inside and out.
- Break a slice apart to see if inside is dry. Set aside to cool for hours; then store dried apple slices in an airtight container or bag.