1 Zone / 16 Tray / 2.56m² Tray Areaview
- 4 lbs Ground Meat (Whatever you prefer but a less fatty meat is better)
- 2 tsp. Powdered Eggshell
- Optional: Vegetables or Fruits that dehydrate well remembering that fruit will add sugar into your dogs diet.
- If you are using fruits or vegetables then shred/cut into small bite sized pieces and add into your meat.
- Form your meat into patties size appropriate for your dog and place on a non-stick mat lined dehydrator tray.
- Sprinkle the powdered eggshell evenly over the patties and place into a dehydrator set at 160-165°F (71-74°C) for 10-14 hours. Longer dehydrating time will be needed depending on how thick you made the patties. Also depending on how fatty the meat is you may need to soak up any fat every few hours with a paper towel.
- Once the patties are completely dry, you can test this by seeing if the patties crack apart, store in an airtight freezer or Mylar bag in a cool dry place for 2-4 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.