1 Zone / 16 Tray / 2.56m² Tray Areaview
- 4 cups hulled ripe strawberries
- 1/2 to 1 cup water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a blender, combine the ingredients, starting with 1/2 cup water, andblend until smooth; add more water if needed to get the proper applesauce-like consistency.
- Pour the puree into a small saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Let cool, then pour 1 cup of puree per leather in strips on a drying sheet set in a dehydrator tray. Slap the tray on the counter a couple times to level the liquid. Dehydrate at 125°F (52°C) until the leathers easily peel off the drying sheet, 10 to 12 hours.
- Peel the leathers off the drying sheet and place them on the mesh rack of the dehydrator tray itself, then place back into the dehydrator for another 2 to 3 hours. Store as directed while warm .