1 Zone / 16 Tray / 2.56m² Tray Areaview
- 4 cups daisy heads
- 4 cups carnation petals, with a few buds intact
- 2 tablespoons orris root powder
- 20 drops carnation essential oil
- Preheat the dehydrator between at 115°F(46°C). Spread daisy heads and carnation petals with buds evenly on dehydrator trays lined with sheets. Dehydrate for 4 to 12 hours or more if humid. Daisy and carnations petals will shrink to staple sizes. Petals are dry when they crumble easily.
- Measure powdered orris root in a large glass bowl. Pour measured essential oil over powder; add dried flower petals then stir.
- Package in a closed container and store. Potpourri stays fragrant for approximately 3 months if in an open bowl is and six months if stored in a closed container. Use a vacuum sealer to cover tightly.