- 1 cup crumbled dehydrated refried beans
- 1 cup dehydrated sliced zucchini
- 3 dehydrated mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1 & 1/2-inch (3.8 cm) piece dehydrated chile pepper
- 1. Combine the ingredients in a blender and process into a fine powder. Store in 1/4-cup increments (enough to make two burgers). If you vacuum seal with an oxygen absorber, it will keep for 5 years or more in a cool, dry place. If stored in a ziptop plastic freezer bag, it will keep for 1 month.
- Add 1/4 cup boiling water to the bag, carefully squish around to mix, seal, and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes. If the mixture is really thick, you can add an extra tablespoon of water. Form the mixture into two even-sized balls, then press each down into a hot, well-greased skillet. Fry until nicely browned and heated through, about 2 minutes per side.