1 Zone / 16 Tray / 2.56m² Tray Areaview
- 2 pounds (900g) sliced lean meat
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 L) water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1/2tsp. black pepper
- 1/2tsp. smoked paprika
(per 1-oz serving): Calories: 54, Sodium: 1,842 mg, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Total Fat: 1.2 g, Total Carbs: 5 g, Protein: 5.8 g.
- Cut strips into 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick slices. Prepare the brine by mixing all the ingredients.
- Soak meat strips in the brine overnight.
- Pour off brine. Rinse and pat meat dry.
- Place meat slices on dehydrator trays and dry at 145-155°F (63-68°C) for 6-10 hours.